PUEBLO RANGERS SOCCER, INC
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. All teams will be required to purchase the designated Eiger uniform (shirt, shorts and socks) for the start of fall 2001 CSYSA sanctioned games. New teams must comply upon entering the Ranger organization.
Team funds, raised or assessed, must be deposited with Pueblo Rangers
Soccer, Inc. An individual account for each team will be kept by the
Treasurer of the organization. A record for all revenues and expenses
will be kept and periodic updates made available at board meetings and upon
request to team managers and
3. Every Ranger coach IS ENCOURAGED TO obtain the “E” level coaching certificate within one (1) year and the “D” level coaching certificate within two (2) years.
4. Each existing and new ADVANCED LEAGUE team must supply two (2) certified referees or individuals willing to obtain certification for each season. REFEREES MUST BE 14 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND MUST ACCEPT ASSIGNMENTS FOR RANGER GAMES. EACH TEAM WILL BE ASSESSED A $50 FEE PER SEASON IF THEY DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED REFEREES.
5. Each team will have a head coach and should have at least one (1) assistant coach.
6. Each ADVANCED LEAGUE team will be required to participate in the board approved fundraisers; proceeds will be made available to team according to board approved guidelines.
7. Board approval must be received prior to obtaining corporate sponsorship.
8. Teams may be assessed to cover reasonable organizational expenses.
9. Upon disbanding a team, the equipment (balls, nets, flags, etc.) purchased by the team, but not through out-of-pocket assessments shall remain the property of the Pueblo Rangers Soccer, Inc.
10. There are no alcoholic beverages, controlled, or illegal substances permitted at Ranger games or practices.
11. All players of school age must be actively enrolled in school and currently in good standing to participate in Pueblo Rangers Soccer, Inc.
Our tryouts are open tryouts. The Rangers will require each team
at each CSYSA age group (excluding U-10, RECREATIONAL
AND MIDDLE SCHOOL )
to conduct open tryouts prior to the formation of a team. Open tryouts
means that all boys and girls may tryout for a club’s soccer team provided that
the child meets the CSYSA rules. The Board of Directors will schedule or
Keys to the Ranger’s Soccer Club office and storage shed will be issued
only to the
14. The regularly scheduled board meetings shall be on the first Wednesday of each month designated in the Corporation’s By Laws for holding of a regular meeting. The time of said meeting shall be at The place of said meeting shall be determined by the Board, and Board Members will be notified as such. The time, and/or place of any regular meeting may be changed by the President. Notice of any such change shall be given in accordance with the Corporation’s By Laws. RECREATIONAL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL LEAGUE MEETINGS WILL BE SCHEDULED AS NECESSARY.
15. If corporate property is borrowed by a team or individual and is not returned, or is returned in damaged condition, the team or individual who borrowed the property shall pay to the Corporation the replacement or repair costs for the borrowed property.
Selection of head coaches EXCLUDING RECREATIONAL AND MIDDLE SCHOOL:
Any interested persons who wishes to be considered for the voluntary head
coaching position shall submit a letter of interest to the New Teams Committee
or Executive Director by the deadline established by the committee. The
letter shall include as a minimum, the person’s experience as a coach and/or a
soccer player, the licenses held, if any, other qualifying information, the age
group for which the candidate is interested and two references. Current
club coaches may, but are not required to, submit a letter updating their
qualification. The committee will interview each interested coach and, if
possible, have committee members evaluate the prospective coach during a
practice or a game. The committee will make recommendations to the
17. Team Formation: ADVANCE LEAGUE ONLY
(A) The Rangers Soccer Club will attempt to field as many teams as possible within an age group, giving due consideration to having as many qualified players participate in developmental and competitive soccer with this soccer club and to field the best possible teams. If more than one team is formed in each age group, the team designated as the upper level team will be referred to as the “Maroon” team and the next level team will be referred to as the “White” team. The New Teams Committee will select and designate the upper level team.
(B) The following process will be used when more than one team can be formed at each specific age group. After considering the input from the New Teams Committee, club tryout assessors and other coaches who are participating in the open tryouts, the coach of the Maroon team will be initially allowed to choose up to 15 players that he/she considers to be the best players. If 30 qualified players try out, then the remaining 15 players shall be assigned to the White team. If more than 30 qualified players try out, then the Maroon coach may select three other additional players up to 18 players to complete the roster. In the event the Maroon team roster is filled to a level desired by that coach (minimum 15 and maximum 18), then the remaining players, up to a maximum of 18 players, will be assigned to the White team. A third team will be formed if sufficient qualified players try out and a qualified coach is selected.
(C) In the event there are less than 30 qualified players trying out at a particular age group, then the New Teams Committee Chair, Executive Director and President will make the decision whether to form a White team. If a White team is not formed, then the Maroon coach may select up to three additional players to complete the roster.
(D) If players apply to play for the club after the tryouts are complete, the Maroon team shall have the first right to choose these players, provided a balance between the number of players on the Maroon and White teams is achieved.
(E) It is agreed and understood that the player, with the advice and consent of their parents, will have the option of selecting which team to play for if more than one option is available.
(F) A “qualified player” is one who meets the age requirements and possesses sufficient soccer skills to develop and play at the designated tryout level.
(G) The CSYSA rules as to proper and improper recruiting within a club are hereby adopted.
18. When new developmental and competitive teams are being initially formed, the New Teams Committee will appoint a tryout coach whenever possible if a new soccer club team’s coach has not already been selected. In addition to the tryout coach, three other evaluators will be assigned for tryouts. If a new coach has been selected, then two evaluators will be assigned for tryouts. The committee will determine and select the most qualified persons to serve as evaluators. Each new player will be evaluated, and in order to be offered a place on the roster, he or she must receive the endorsement of at least two of the three evaluators.
19. The Rangers Soccer Club recognizes that the volunteer coaches may have a biological, adopted or step child of theirs trying out for the team for which he or she is seeking or has been selected as the head coach. At least one evaluator must endorse that this child possesses the requisite skills to be playing on the team for which his/her parent is the head coach. 20. As set forth in paragraph 17 (A), the Rangers Soccer Club designates the more advanced team as the Maroon team and the next level team as the White team. However, a team may select and use another team nickname so long as the Pueblo Rangers is part of the complete team name, (i.e. Pueblo Rangers Maroon Colts), the Executive Director is so notified, and it complies with the CSYSA rules. 21. All teams must have adequate funds in their team accounts to cover league and club fees by the deadline established by the Executive Director, or the team will not be registered for the coming season. Teams requesting disbursements for uniforms, tournaments, etc. must have adequate funds to cover the disbursement or the Treasurer will not issue the team a check.